Monday 25 November 2013

***Review*** The James Hunter Six - The Concorde 2, Brighton (23/11/2013)

I had the pleasure of catching The James Hunter Six at The Concorde 2 in Brighton on Saturday night. Having previously seen their 100 Club gig in London a while back, I knew I was in for a great night!

The Concorde 2 isn't a venue I'd previously visited. Set into the promenade it had a comforting subterranean feel to it and provided a great atmosphere and setting.

The band took to the stage and worked through much of the new material from 'Minute By Minute', an album I strongly urge you to pick up if you haven't already. A few old favourites from his earlier albums were also thrown in and pleased the crowd. By the end of the gig everyone was calling for more!

The JH6 are undoubtably one of the tightest outfits I've seen live. All the musicians are seriously accomplished but for me (aside from James!) it was the horn section that stood out! Amazing stuff!

If The James Hunter Six stop near your town be sure to catch a ticket. You won't be disappointed!

Check HERE for future tour dates.





























No comments:

Post a Comment