Friday 7 June 2013

Flashman666 Presents Wicked Wireless Episode 8 (An R&B Special) Featuring Mo' Soul

 



Welcome back! 

I have recently had the huge privilege of being asked by all-round spiffing chap and connoisseur of all things vintage, Flashman666 to guest on his legendary Wicked Wireless Radio Show, which drops onto the interwebs every Friday over on Soundcloud. 

After spending the best part of a week humming and hawing over choosing a trio of R&B 45s for inclusion on the show (it's hard believe me!), I finally got my act together, whittled it down and pulled these three monsters out of my crates for the show. All of them showcase the raw 50's R&B sound I love and Flashman666 has done a fabulous job, as always, of selecting a nice grip of tunes that compliment them perfectly. I hope you enjoy listening to this as much as I did choosing the tracks for it!  

Once again a HUGE thank you to Flash for allowing me to share some of my 45s on his fantastic show. Watch this space for a guest appearance and future collaborations! 

When you're done listening be sure to swiftly head over HERE to catch the back episodes of Wicked Wireless which features some great guest selectors including The Mother Kutter, Mr Ducktail!

Stay safe and I'll be back here shortly! 

Ben 

Track List


Mo' Soul Plays.....
 

Bobby Peterson Quintet - Mama Get Your Hammer

Jesse Powell Orchestra Feat. Fluffy Hunter - The Walkin' Blues 

Huey "Piano" Smith & The Clowns  - Don't You Just Know It 

Flash Plays..... 

Young Jessie -  Hit, Git And Split 

Nappy Brown - Don't Be Angry 

Sam Butera & The Witnesses - Bim Bam 

The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee 

Frankie Ford - Sea Cruise 

Laverne Ray - Rock And Roll 

The Treniers - Rocking Is Our Bizness 

The Monitors - My Baby's Rocking 

Jerry Byrne - Lights Out

2 comments:

  1. Sir, an unparalleled pleasure featuring you on the show, my favourite so far!

    Flashman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A real pleasure, look forward to future collaborations!

      Delete